PLANning Health - Patient Advocacy Services
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Asthma Q&A
Check out latest interview with Dr. Jean Hanley in Birmingham Parent Magazine, pg 14 - 16.
Services offered by PLANning Health
Making a Useful Medication List
Making the Most of Your Visit to the Doctor


advocacy services
asthma advocacy
cystic fibrosis advocacy
health navigators
patient advocacy
patient liaison
powered by

My Blog

Asthma Q&A

This question was recently posed:
Q: I'm looking for the best asthma doctor specialist in my area. What should I be looking for in an asthma specialist? How can I make the right choice? My husband (69 yr) started this dry coughing. We went to see a lung specialist, but it's not helping much.

A: The best way to find a specialist is through your primary doctor's referral or by word of mouth. Check with your friends, family and acquaintances who may or may not have experience with lung issues, but possibly know someone who does. Also know that lung and asthma specialists are both pulmonologists and allergists. Please consider both types of doctors in your search and when discussing with others.
FYI- A dry cough can be due to an allergic or non-allergic cause. It can also be a symptom of acid reflux disease or be due to involvement of other organ systems.

0 Comments to Asthma Q&A:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint